Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's A Vacation?


Well, dear friends, it's finally going to happen! A VACATION!


Geez, it's been so long, I almost forgot what it's supposed to be like. For over 10 years or more, we've always had something better to do with the money we had, thinking we'd go next year. Buying a new frig or dryer, or spending the money on some kind of needed repair or upgrade to the house or the car, or investing in a dental visit have always seemed to steal away from us that precious time in a different venue where no one knows us, needs us, or even cares who we are.

But now, even my work-aholic husband is wanting to get away and God has blessed us with a week's worth of free condo on the beach in Rodanthe, NC.  It's huge with two king-size, two queen-size, two doubles, and two twin beds. Of course, I plan on taking the king-size master with the jacuzzi and since it will be only me, Bobby and the three dogs, I don't think anyone will want to challenge my choice.

Of course, we're taking the dogs - Paris, Putzy, and Mozart (Mozy). Even they need a change of scenery with new smells, lots to explore, and walks on the beach with us. They're another reason for a king-size bed - they sleep with us! Even though two of them weigh less than seven pounds and Putzy is only 12 pounds, they still need their room to stretch out for a good night's sleep, LOL!

Man, a whole week! What do I plan to do? Well, the main thing is FISHING! I have loved fishing since I was 10 years old. I don't care if the fish aren't running and I don't get a single bite . . . my worm (or shrimp or squid, whatever) is going to get soaked!

I'm also taking my metal detector. Who knows what tresures I might find after a long tourist season? Of course, the hurricane has probably washed most of anything in the sand away, but it will be fun even if I just find a nail! Okay, maybe some spare change at least.

Then there's some CDs I will take. I have both Scotty McCreery's and Lauren Alaina's new CDs, along with my Susan Boyle and various worship CDs. I'm also taking my Bible, and a few of my organic and gardening books to get a head start on next season.

I've pre-cooked several meals, especially one for our son, Tim, and his new wife, Tammy. We haven't met her yet, but are so looking forward to welcoming her into our little family. It seems he's finally found his soul mate and I've never heard him so happy. They tied the knot in the mountains of Tennessee just two Sundays ago, and now he wants to come and spend a couple of their free days with us to show off his new bride. I can't wait. She's already calling me "mom", and I love it.

Can you tell I'm excited? Well, I am. Wow, time to spend with just my honey and our precious dogs. I can smell that sea water already. Gosh, I'd better get busy packing!

I'll probably still blog while we're there. I'll post some pics, too. Pray for us to have good weather and that I'll catch some fish. Yeah, yeah, I really do want to catch a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment